The Velo Clubhouse will be located Cotton Tree Park, Maroochydore and will offer everything you need post ride each day. It will feature full service facilities for you and your bike so you can quickly recover before relaxing and socialising with fellow riders.
Head straight back to the Velo Clubhouse from the Stage Finish Line for the Velo Recovery Hour where you can grab a coffee and sustenance, get a massage (please pre-book) and sit back and relax with mates and other riders to reflect on the day's ride.
Once the legs have recovered, head back to your accommodation to refresh before Velo Happy Hour starts at 2:00pm. Reflect some more over a beverage before the Daily Awards and finish your evening off watching the Tour highlights. The Velo Clubhouse will close at 6:30pm every night so that riders can enjoy the variety of local restaurants.
Check out the full Event Schedule here
Download the Velo Clubhouse Map
Bike & Rider Transfer - Stage 2
A pre-booked Rider and bike transport service will be available for Stage 2 (Saturday 15 July) due to the distance from the Velo Clubhouse to the start and finish lines.
Bikes will be required to be dropped off at the Velo Clubhouse Friday between 2:00pm and 6:00pm. They will be secured overnight and delivered to the start line at Moffat Beach, Caloundra on ride morning.
Buses will leave from two locations on Stage 2 morning, Mooloolaba and Cotton Tree (times and locations coming soon)
Two way rider and bike transport (To start and from finish)
- Seats are limited on bus to ride start – book early
- $28.60 (inc gst) + 8% Active fee
One Way Finish line to Club House only
- Continual shuttle bus service will be offered
- $14.30 (inc gst) + 8% Active fee
If you have already registered already, you can add this to your registration by the following steps:
- Head to www.active.com and log into your active account
- Select 'My Events'
- Locate your 2017 Velothon Sunshine Coast event
- Select 'Purchase Additional Merchandise'
There will be a mixture of Feed and Hydration Stations on each stage. Feed Stations will be stocked to help you stay fuelled, while the Hydration Stations are a great place to top up your water bottles and keep riding.
We recommend you bring your own supplies to complement what is offered at the Feed Stations.
Check out the course maps for Feed and Hydration Stations locations.
Velothon Sunshine Coast Shakeout Ride (3 Day Velo Riders)
Don your shiny new Velothon Sunshine Coast Jersey and kick off your weekend with a social ride from the Clubhouse to Moolooaba and back. Join the peloton on an 8km police escorted social ride before chilling out in the Clubhouse to catch the Tour de France highlights.
- Social ride as a peloton
- 8km circuit from Velothon Clubhouse in Cotton Tree Park, Maroochydore to Mooloolaba and back
- Departs Velothon Clubhouse at 5.30pm Thursday 13 July
- Queensland Police Escort
- Regular road rules apply
- Free entry to all 3 days Velothon riders
- Velothon Rider Jersey compulsory
- Join us in the Clubhouse after the ride to watch Tour de France highlights
- No need to sign up – just be there, ready to go, in your jersey at ride off time