3 Day Velo Entry Info
Entry Fee Inclusions
Velothon Sunshine Coast returns next year with the event to be held from 12-15 July, 2018. Entries open on Thursday 21 September 2017.
Whether you're a seasoned cyclist or newbie to cycling, we can't wait to welcome you to the Velothon Sunshine Coast start line, whatever your ambition or ability level. From start to finish, an incredible route and unforgettable experience awaits you.
Please use the 2017 information below on this page as a guide. 2018 information will be available closer to the event date.
3 Day Velo includes:
- Ride entry to the 3 Day Velo - 363km of stunning riding, gaining 5340m of elevation across the 3 days
- Velothon Official Cycling Jersey and Socks - from our partner Blackchrome Sportswear. Check out the designs on our Event Merchandise page.
- Velothon Shakeout Ride
- 5 Sprint sections - 'Green Zone' race conditions
- 5 King of the Mountain sections - 'Green Zone' race conditions
- 5 on course Feed Stations - refuel along the way
- 6 on course Hydration Stations - top up your water bottle
- Medical Services - first aid treatment on course and at the Velo Clubhouse
- Basic Mechanical Services - mechanics on course and at the Velo Clubhouse
- Daily Awards - held in the Velo Clubhouse each day at 4:00pm. Daily Stage Winners, Leaders Jerseys, Sprint Jerseys and King of the Mountain Jerseys will be awarded
- Daily General Classification Results - compare your results with your mates each evening in the Velo Clubhouse
- Massage - Access to qualified massage therapists – $1/minute, pre-booking essential
|3 Day Velo||$450 + 8% Active Fee = $486AUD|
|Team Captain||$450 + 8% Active Fee = $486AUD|
|Team Member||$450 + 8% Active Fee = $486AUD|
FinisherPix - Powered by Smiles
Pre-Purchase your FinisherPix Photo package during registration:
3 Day Velo - $59.99AUD
1 Day Velo - $39.99AUD
Read more about Official Event Photography here
A pre-booked Rider and bike transport service will be available for Stage 2 (Saturday 15 July) due to the distance from the Velo Clubhouse to the start and finish lines. For more information visit the Rider Support Page.
The 3 Day Velo has the following entry categories:
Age as at 14/07/2017
|Category||Category Code||Gender||Minimum Age||Maximum Age|
Riders can enter in teams of 4 with the fastest 3 times accumulated across each stage counting towards the Team Classification Prize. Each Team Member (4) must start and finish each stage to be eligible for awards.
Daily Awards will be held at 4:00pm each day in the Velo Clubhouse. The following awards will be presented:
MEDAL PRESENTED TO DAILY STAGE WINNERS:
U23 - Male
U23 - Female
Open - Male
Open - Female
Masters - Male
Masters - Female
Team - Male
Team - Female
Team - Mixed*
JERSEY TO OVERALL LEADERS:
U23 - Male (White)
U23 - Female (White)
Open - Male (Yellow)
Open - Female (Yellow)
Masters - Male (Yellow)
Masters - Female (Yellow)
Team - Male (Blue)
Team - Female (Blue)
Team - Mixed* (Blue)
GREEN SPRINT JERSEY**:
POLKA DOT KING OF THE MOUNTAIN JERSEY**:
*At least one female time will be included in the cumulative mixed team time
**All cyclists (Solo and Team) are eligible to compete for the Sprint and King of the Mountain Jersey
Each Team Member (4) must start and finish each stage to be eligible for awards.
Conditions of Participation
The Velothon Sunshine Coast event is open to aspiring amateur and professional road cyclists from around the world. Entrants must be 18 years of age as at Stage 1 of the race. The race features challenging distances and terrain including lots of climbing. It is the rider’s responsibility to arrive at the event with the necessary fitness and stamina level to participate.
All riders are required to sign a waiver form when entering.
The mandatory gear list contains what we believe is the absolute minimum to keep you safe in the environment. The weather is can be unpredictable in the at times, so its best to be prepared.
- Bicycle - TT bikes not permitted
- Two Water Bottles
- Puncture Repair Kit (incl. spare inner tubes)
- Rear Tail Light
- Helmet (Australian Standard AS/NZ2063)
- Provided Bike Seat Sticker
- Provided Wristband
- Food and Sports Nutrition
- Warm Clothing/Rain Jacket
- Small Portion of Money
- Velothon Sunshine Coast is a ride, not a race unless in a designated ‘Green Zone’
- Cyclists must maintain a 22km/h average speed. If the tail vehicle travelling at this speed overtakes a cyclist, this cyclist is then unsupported until such time this cyclist catches the tail vehicle and re-joins the ride envelope
- Cyclists are bound by Queensland Road Rules:
- Ride as close as possible to the left side (or on the road shoulder) on a single lane road. Or, you may take up any position within the lane on a multi-lane road
- Ride to the left of any oncoming vehicle
- Not overtake another vehicle on the left if that vehicle is indicating and turning left
- Not overtake another vehicle on the left if it is not safe
- Not ride with more than 2 riders side by side unless you are overtaking another rider
- Ride no more than 1.5m apart, if travelling beside another rider
- Helmets are compulsory
- For more detailed Queensland Road Rules and information on fines please visit: www.qld.gov.au/transport/safety/rules/wheeled-devices/bicycle/#riding and www.qld.gov.au/transport/safety/fines/demerit/cycling/
- Police and event organisers urge riders to adopt a single file approach where possible and give due consideration to other road users to avoid incidents
- Cyclists will be given the opportunity to contest for Sprint Champion and King of the Mountain (KOM) sections at various points across the different stages. These are classified as ‘Green Zones’, the road will be closed, in the direction of ride, to vehicular traffic (other than Queensland Police and Event Personnel vehicles). All due care must still be taken by individual cyclists. Green Zones will be under race conditions.
Minimum Age Requirements
3 Day Velo: All Riders must be 18 years as at the 14 July 2017
Teams are required to wear the same Jersey either custom made or the Rider Gift Jersey
Withdrawal & Cancellation Policy
Athletes confirmed in the race who wish to withdraw, must do so in writing to the race office via email at email@example.com. It is the athlete's responsibility to ensure the race office has received any communication. All requests will be responded to. If you do not receive a response from the race office within 10 days of the request, it should be assumed that it has not been received and you should contact us by phone on 1300 761 384. The following Refund or Transfer Policies apply to all athletes withdrawing from the event.
We know that sometimes your plans change or you get injured so we are able to offer you a partial refund. Make sure you send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your withdrawal, details below:
- Any requests received before 5pm – 21 April 2017 (12 weeks) will be eligible for a 50% refund of event entry fee paid.
- Any requests received before 5pm – 2 June 2017 (6 weeks) will be eligible for a 25% refund of event entry fee paid.
- Any requests received after 5pm – June 2017 (6 weeks) will not be eligible for a refund under any circumstances.
ACTIVE Fees, FinisherPix Fees and any additional purchases paid at the time of entry are non-refundable at any time.
Transfer to a Friend
For Velothon Sunshine Coast, participants can transfer their race entry to someone else up to the close of online entries or until the event is Sold Out. They must use the approved transfer process through Active works. A transfer fee of $25.00 will be charged to the withdrawing athlete.
It is not permitted to transfer your race entry to someone else other than through this process, including on Race Day. It is very important for health and safety reasons for us to know the correct identity of every athlete on course, and accordingly it is strictly prohibited to race under another person's race bib. Any athletes caught doing this will be disqualified and may be prevented from entering future events.
Transfer down to the 1 Day Velo (prior to event day)
If a rider is transferring from 3 Day Velo to the 1 Day Velo, the rider will not be refunded the difference. You can transfer via contacting us at email@example.com. All transfer requests will need to be made prior to 5.00pm 7 July. After this time we can assist you during Check-in Hours.